Thursday, December 21, 2006


I've been saying this for a while: Don't waste your time with Left Behind!
Exhibit A: See above screenshot. This is a scene from the new "Left Behind:Eternal Forces" video game, which I will never play, let alone buy. Apparently the "good guys" (Christians) learn skills and power up at Mission Training and at churches/cathedrals and become more spiritual by praying. The "bad guys" can be killed in self-defense but you lose spirituality points and then must pray to get your spirituality back up. Wow. Exactly what Jesus did.
Exhibit B: Go to this blog and read a helpful q & a session with someone who has actually played the game and from whom I borrowed the above screenshot.
It's really funny (in a sad, strange way) and really, really sad that this game exists. I can just imagine youth groups having "Left Behind:Eternal Forces" tournaments on video-projector screens across America. Makes me shudder and reach for my box of Testa-Mints.

No comments: