Friday, December 08, 2006

So, I am at the end of my schooling career. After 5 and ½ years with taking two spring semesters off, I am officially done with Southwestern College. My last final was Tuesday afternoon. Now I am recuperating from the last semester I just finished. I am only taking two classes online at Rio Salado, but they should be easy enough that I shouldn’t have to do too much. I am trying to get them done before my due date, but my final for one of the classes in March 3, 2007 and I am due March 10th, so that will be interesting.

This will also be the beginning of a new chapter in my life. I will be done officially with school next fall, but I will be graduating from college (finally) in May. I am student teaching in the Fall at Larkspur Elementary for 4th grade. That will be interesting because I don’t know a lot about 4th grade material. Oh, side note: if anyone is wanting a full-time job of taking care of two children, let me know. I am so excited and ready to be done with school. I will also be a mother of two children under the age of 3. That will be new, exciting, but scary at the same time. Both Clint and I are getting more excited about having another baby, but having two children comes more responsibility and stress. We know that God will provide for our needs, whether it is financially or the littlest stuff like our sanity with two children in the house. I am now 27 week pregnant (for those who don’t know in those terms, I am 6 months and 1 week or just about). I have about 14 weeks left, but that’s if Grace is full-term and she is born on her due date, which I highly doubt. I also saw the doctor today and it’s always interesting to have to go to the doctor and try to keep a 2 year old entertained. I had to take the Glucose test and it was nasty and I HATE needles. Oh, wait, I want a tattoo, how can I have a tattoo and not like needles at the same time. Well……I guess we’ll see when we get to that part of my life.

The hard thing about this time of year is trying not to get sick. Everyone I know has the same symptoms as I do. Even my OBGYN has the cold symptoms. What stinks even more is the fact that both Hannah and I are sick. I can’t take anything that is strong enough to get rid of this and Hannah is so grumpy, she is hard to take care of. Hannah will get medicine at night and she will sleep through the night, but I am the opposite. I try to take something at night and it keeps me up. I was up like 3 times last night, not being able to get back to sleep right away each time. That makes it hard for me and for Hannah because we both don’t feel good and we are both tired and cranky. But enough with that, there is still so much to be thankful for.

We are going to a new church right now. We needed a change and it’s been really good for all of us. Hannah loves the nursery/toddler room. She is building with blocks every time we come to pick her up. Clint and I really are enjoying the music and the message the pastor has taught on each Sunday. And then at night we are going to a young adults class and they have a good message each time and it’s nice to be around more people our age.

God has really blessed us this year. I think about all of the new things we have learned by being parents and the challenges being a parent can bring to our walk with God and to our marriage. But through it all, we seem to always go back to God and His Word. We know that life will be challenging, but we are definitely not in it alone. If you are ever discouraged, read any of the Apostle’s writings in the New Testament and they were constantly being persecuted for their beliefs and yet rejoiced in everything.

“Dear friends, do not be surprised at the painful trial you are suffering, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice that you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed.” 1 Peter 4:12

“Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings. 1 Peter 5:8-9

My point in all of this is that there will always be trials in your life. That’s a part of being human. The way you look at them is the important thing. There will always be an ending of a part of your life and a beginning of something new. It’s scary, but exciting. Don’t be afraid to talk to God about what you are feeling because that is what He is there for. He is our Father who wants only what is best; even-though we think we know what is best for us. Be strong in your trials and rejoice, thanking God and asking for help in the mist of them as well.

Well, this is my soapbox, sorry guys. I went on a tangent, but I think it needed to be said. And yes, I need to take my own advice. I hope you can take this to heart and not just read it and forget about what is being said. Well, everyone have a wonderful Christmas holiday break.

No comments: